Amazing opportunity to work one-on-one with renowned wood artist and teacher, Beth Ireland—while visiting beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida in the spring of 2020.
Two night stay with 5 hour woodworking workshop.
Only one of these will be offered during the auction.
$800 — Estimated retail value
$500 — Opening bid
$2,000 — Buyout price
- 300 square feet, queen size bed, kitchen, big tv, bathroom with shower, alley parking
- Two nights free for up to two people
- Additional nights can be added for $50 per night. Additional nights will be paid directly to Beth Ireland.
- Near downtown Saint Pete, close to North shore pool, 20 min. drive to beach
- Two available bikes
- 5 hour workshop in Beth Ireland's wood shop
- Workshop is for one or two people but there is only one lathe so only one person can turn at a time
- Choose either: woodturning, spoon carving, or dulcimer guitar making lesson
- OR bike tour of Saint Petersburg with the artist
Travel and Accommodations
- TRAVEL AND AIRFARE NOT INCLUDED. Winner must cover all costs associated with getting to and from Beth Ireland's wood shop and apartment.
- Flight would be into Tampa International airport
- You would either need to get a rental car or coordinate your own travel to and from the airport
- March 19–May 30, 2020
- NOT AVAILABLE: April 19–25, 2020
- The winner will coordinate directly with the artist to pick the dates and book the accommodations.
St. Petersburg is a city on Florida's gulf coast, part of the Tampa Bay area. It's known for its pleasant weather (hence its “Sunshine City” nickname), making it popular for golfing, boating, fishing and beachgoing. Its waterfront parks host the Dali Museum, featuring surrealist works of art; the Museum of Fine Arts, with works ranging from ancient to contemporary; and Mahaffey Theater, home of the Florida Orchestra.
Beth Ireland and Her Work
Beth Ireland, From Function to Fetish
Richard and Dolly Maass Gallery
September 3–16, 2013
Photo: Jennifer Moller